Clinical Excellence Means We Use
Our Best Minds, Hearts and Hands to Make Patients Well
In 2010, Maimonides received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, ranking it among the top 5% of hospitals in the entire nation for overall quality outcomes. We were also listed among the top 5 individual hospitals in New York State for cardiology services, coronary interventional procedures, stroke treatment, and gastrointestinal medical services.
Physicians at Maimonides are not only highly trained specialists and medical educators, they are caring men and women who recognize the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual dimensions to illness.
Our nurses combine compassion and empathy with clinical expertise and technical skills. This combination of caring attitude and professional capability is what allows the nursing staff to be both advocates for patients and partners with the medical staff.
Our patient-centered approach to care is seen throughout our staff, the hospital and our renowned centers of excellence. Here are just a few highlights of our services...
- Our Cancer Center is Brooklyn’s only dedicated cancer center.
- Maimonides Infants & Children’s Hospital of Brooklyn, fully accredited as a “children’s hospital within a hospital,” is just one of only three such facilities in New York City.
- Our Stella and Joseph Payson Birthing Center handles more births than any other hospital in New York State.
- The ACE Unit provides an interdisciplinary approach for the elderly helping to ease their hospitalization.
- The Jaffe Stroke Center offers cutting-edge techniques and new hope for stroke victims.
- Our Heart & Vascular Center offers the most advanced treatment available to all cardiovascular patients and significantly improves the lives of congestive heart failure patients through innovation.