The colorectal division specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. In the treatment of cancer of the colon, rectum or anus a multi-disciplinary approach is emphasized with participation of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists and pathologists. The colorectal service also works closely with the Center for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Reconstructive Surgery.
The diagnostic procedures the center offers:
- Endorectal Ultrasound
- Pudendal Nerve Terminal Latencies.
The conditions treated are:
- Colorectal cancer and polyps
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Diverticulosis- diverticulitis
- Anal problems( hemorrhoids, fistula fissures) including Laser
- Pelvic floor disorders rectal prolapse,incontinence