Message from the President
Maimonides is proud to be Brooklyn’s leading medical center for the most sophisticated services, providing outstanding care to the borough’s residents across their lifespans. Our nationally recognized clinical services ensure that Brooklyn residents receive the best care – right here in Brooklyn.
We offer centers of excellence in Heart and Vascular Care, Cancer and Breast Care, Neurosciences/Stroke, and Orthopedics. Maimonides has the largest and most experienced robotic surgery team in Brooklyn, and we have the borough’s only two hybrid operating rooms in which complex surgeries are performed using the most advanced technology. We also offer primary care services through a growing network of physicians across Brooklyn.
Maimonides continues to be the go-to hospital in Brooklyn because:
• Our clinical teams excel at working together to best serve the patient. Maimonides physicians from multiple specialties collaborate to develop treatment plans, placing patients and families in the center of all considerations. They are wholly committed to providing the best personalized care to each patient.
• Our Heart & Vascular Center is nationally-ranked for its outcomes, and one of only a few centers performing the most advanced therapies, including: TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) – heart valve replacement without open-heart surgery; LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device) Destination Therapy – a permanent implant for heart failure patients unable to undergo heart transplants; and ECMO (ExtraCorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) – life-sustaining therapy for the most critically ill patients.
• Our Cancer Center is the only full-service, fully-accredited Center in Brooklyn, offering the latest therapies and clinical trials. Its nationally acclaimed Breast Center contains a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and offers a spa-like environment, while delivering world-class care.
• We are among the Top Ten hospitals in the nation for patient outcomes in Stroke Services, supported by the full array of Neurosciences, including: neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-ophthalmologists, interventional neuroradiologists and neuro-intensivists.
• We have the borough’s only accredited Children’s Hospital. Maimonides is a designated Regional Perinatal Center – a result of having outstanding Maternity and Neonatal Services. More babies are delivered at Maimonides than at any other hospital in New York State, with one of the lowest c-section rates.
• Many of our faculty members lead research studies that evaluate new therapies, procedures, devices, and improved ways of delivering care. Their important work is presented at national research conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals.
• We hold community-based symposia and health fairs frequently to ensure that the communities we serve have the information they need to stay healthy, and can access the healthcare services they need.
We are also one of the country’s largest independent teaching hospitals, training 500 residents and fellows each year across a number of clinical specialties including Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, OB-GYN, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine and Radiology.
I am proud to be part of this thriving organization of more than 6,000 staff members, working every day to serve patients and families, delivering the best care, right here in Brooklyn.
President & CEO