Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Vice Chair, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
High Risk Specialists for High Risk Pregnancies
Maimonides Maternal-Fetal Medicine Service provides state of the art tertiary care for expecting moms with compassion and warmth. We take pride in integrating cutting-edge technology with the most advanced clinical-skills. Our physicians are specialists in caring for women with high-risk pregnancies and complications during pregnancy. Our board-certified team is highly trained in the latest diagnostic methods and treatments available, to ensure the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
Since all care at Maimonides is collaborative, our staff works closely with other specialists, such as pediatric surgeons, radiologists, cardiologists, NICU, as well as specialists related to maternal care. Our multidisciplinary approach enables us to optimize individual care and treatment plans for pregnancy complications that affect the mother to be, the fetus, or both.
We are proud to be part of this comprehensive effort. We are setting a new standard of family-centered, advanced fetal care, and compassionate support for women with high-risk pregnancies and their families.
The New York State Department of Health has designated Maimonides Medical Center as a Regional Perinatal Center.
We make a difference by accurately diagnosing each patient in a timely manner so as to improve maternal and fetal outcome in high risk pregnancies; such as fetal cardiac anomalies, spine & brain anomalies, fetal anemia and fetal tumors, and in pregnancies with maternal complications. We refer the patient to the appropriate expert locally as well as across the U.S. as needed, with personal communication, coordination of care and follow-up.
We offer the following services, including:
- Pre-conception assessment and counseling
- Early detection of anomalies; fetal anomaly screening with expert focus on the fetal brain, cardiac pathology
- Multiple pregnancy program (twins and triplets)
- Ultrasound guided procedures (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Advanced fetal surveillance testing
- Comprehensive program for managing mothers with preexisting or existing conditions such as: diabetes, hypertension, maternal cardiac diseases, thyroid diseases, renal diseases, preterm labor, history of genetic disorders, etc.
We use sophisticated high-resolution ultrasound imaging and the latest prenatal diagnostic tests to identify and treat problems related to fetal development and wellbeing, including:
- Detailed targeted ultrasound
- First-trimester screening for abnormalities
- Early anatomical survey
- CVS (Chorionic villus sampling)
- Doppler studies (blood flow)
- 3D-4D ultrasound
- Non-stress tests and biophysical profiles
- Fetal Echocardiography
For more related information please refer to Perinatal Testing Services>
Our Contact Information:
Maternal and Fetal Medicine
5014 Fort Hamilton Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11219
Phone: (718) 283-7979